Thursday 17 May 2012

Pipers, a puddle and photos!!

Well, the excitement of the day is over - the camaraderie in the muster groups, the anticipation of walking up to the start line and waiting for the off, the drummers and pipers and others on the route and finally turning into Mosspark Boulevard towards the finish line!

My day had ups and downs - I LOVED the atmosphere, there is nothing like this race!  Part of it I think is the all women thing, the idea of 10,000 women getting together to do the run, each with their own goal - amazing!  It really brings out the best in people, the runners of course, but think about how many volunteers there were.  There are the official ones - the marshalls and so on, but how many people did you see with water stations set up in front of their houses, or giving out jelly beans, or just standing in the rain at the roadside cheering?  It is brilliant!
My back held up well - hopefully I can now just go on from here and get fully back to normal.
My hill training paid off well - the 7-8 K hill in Pollok Park was only hard, not totally knackering!

The not so great bits - well like everyone else - running into that wind was hard, I was cold and wet. (Big temperature contrast with my holiday in the sun)  Didn't realise how wet though till I sat down afterwards, thought the chair must have a puddle but when I got up and looked, I realised it was actually me!  Eeoow - but funny at the same time ;-)    I was kinda tired as well, hadn't fully got over the trip back from our hols.  My time was 1:00:43 - I was a bit disappointed - so I will just have to do better in the Paisley 10K at the end of August!

Worst of all though was the fact that I wasn't in a single Marathon Photos photo!!  Again! - hmmm, maybe a tutu next year??

Hope you all had a great day, that you have a great deal of pride in what you achieved, and that like me, you will be back to do it all again next year!!  Have a good year, train hard, stay safe

Lynn x

No comments:

Post a Comment