Thursday 10 May 2012

It's almost here!! And so is the rain!!!

Well its only a few days till the big day. Where did all the time go at the end? My training is officially done now and apart from teaching a spin class on Friday it's a few easy days and good eating in final preparation. Oh and a sports massage and lots of sleep! Training has been good. Ran 10 miles on Saturday and felt good. Raced on Sunday - a fast 5k at Barshaw Park in Paisley in 20:50 which isn't bad especially after a long run the day before. Monday I did 4 miles easy and Tuesday was spin and 5 miles of hills, finishing off with a speed session on Wed night and weights. Rest day today and Saturday and spin, as I said tomorrow (Friday) then it's the big day. I've done this event for as long as I can remember and have only missed it twice. Once when pregnant and once when i had a broken toe!! It's still my favourite race of the year. There's something about the "women" thing that feels great - us all running together with one goal - to get to the finish line!! Doubtful that I will get the pb I wanted (41mins) due to setbacks in a training and my mums broken leg, but I'll do my best and see if I can get close to 42/43 mins. Good luck to Gemma Rankin, my friend and club mate at Kilbarchan AAC. Gemma will be up there at the front - wish you all the best Gemma!! And also to fellow bloggers Lynn and Claire and all the others who took the time to do this. Finally, let's hope that the weather sorts itself out. Have a great run ladies and stay safe!! Lynne x

No comments:

Post a Comment