Wednesday 2 May 2012

Here comes the sun ;-D

Well, as I hinted at the end of my last blog, I am heading off on holiday for a week.  We booked it on the spur of the moment a while back, but I got a fright when I went to put the dates in the calendar and realised how close I had come to being in Gran Canaria during the 10K!! - honestly, old age doesn't come alone!  We leave tomorrow morning, and get back on Thursday 10th.

I had another treatment on my back on Monday.  It has been quite achy since then so I didn't do the planned 3 mile run at the beginning of the week.  This morning I ran 10K on a fairly hilly route, a lovely bright sunny morning, the cycle track bits of it were green and pretty, great to run. It was hard going, but hills are always worthwhile - honest!!  Time was 59:51, not wonderful, but not a disaster.

While we are away I will definitely do another 10k and a 3 miler.  Depending on how I feel, I may also do an extra 3 mile run to make up for the one I missed, but I'll play that by ear.   That will leave just one gentle jog on the Friday, after I get back.  Then its the big day for us all!!!

Enjoy this last push,  this is what all the cold, wet runs have been all about, to get you to the point where you can tackle the actual race fit enough to be able to enjoy the day in the way you choose!!  Doesn't matter if you run, walk/jog or stroll, its brilliant to see so many women there on the day.  So be inspired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment