Friday 11 May 2012

Final Week!

Well its now only 2 days to go till the big day, it is just me or have the last few weeks flown by!?

Unfortunately I have had the worst possible week of training! I have been loaded with the cold and unable to do anything!

I now have not ran for 4 weeks due to my foot injury, however I have kept going to the gym when I can. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve managed a few gym sessions. Last Thursday I went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse and did 40mins on the bike then 30mins on the cross trainer. Friday night I had a weights session at Glasgow Club Whitehill.

Had a break on Saturday, then Sunday morning went to Glasgow Club Whitehill again and did some pool running. Was off on Monday for the bank holiday so went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse and had a great session of 30mins on the cross trainer, then did weights, and then 30mins on the bike. Was feeling really positive and full of good intentions of going to the gym a few nights during this week to keep my fitness up, plus my foot has been a lot better now so was sure I would be fine running on Sunday. Unfortunately though I’ve been floored with this cold!

I really want to take part in the 10k on Sunday, I do it every year and love being a part of such a special event. Hopefully I will be able to do it, even if I have to walk the course if I don’t have the energy to run!

Massive good luck to everyone taking part on Sunday – hope you all get the times you want and have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment